Thursday, December 3, 2009

Red and White Snowball Challenge

I've got all my swap strips now. They a just wonderful. Below is what I sent out. Okay, but kinda "meh". At least one of them was a little more "white" than I had wanted.










But..... add them all in together and you get a thing of beauty that was unexpected.
I have never done a completely scrappy style of quilt before because I haven't done very many quilts yet. Just hoarded lots of fabric. LOL
















Gratuitous kitty picture.
This is KC, my son, Zorro's, cat. She is just as grumpy as she looks. Shortly after this picture, she snagged the side of my hand with her claw because I got to close too her.
















So this is what I got from whom:




From Chris Thomas. One of her strips was sparkly. I really like it.












From Shontelle all the way from Austrailia. Shontelle included a beautiful handmade Christmas card. I love it. Her fabrics were also wrapped in a cute striped ribbon.













Gael Tino's fabrics were also wrapped. In tissue paper and a paper ribbon with my initial on it. This reminded me of my mother. Often Christmas presents had our name or initial written directly on the gift paper or on a ribbon with glitter glue or fabric puffy paint. Gael included an extra 2 1/2" strip.


























Christi's fabrics are next. Like me, this is her first swap. Her fabrics are very nice. They help blend in my too white fabrics.












From Laura. Laura included a little gift; a bundle of 2 1/2" squares from Moda. They are darling.











Mary's came in last, along with a long letter about why (she had a death in the family) and some extra strips to make up for it.




All the fabrics were just great. I am looking forward to getting this quilt started. Going to be after the new year. I am still trying out Reds. It seems that I have a group (not many) of reds that are more orange and a group of reds (not many) that are more maroon/burgandy. AND they don't play well with each other.

1 comment:

merrily row said...

The fabrics look great. I was pleasently surprised to see mine there. It was a fun swap. And BTW, cats don't think they are grumpy, just superior.