Friday, December 4, 2009

Introducing my Family

It's time that I introduced my family:...

This is my youngest son who is 15. He is the Zorro in my previous post about Halloween. He has informed me that he doesn't want his blog name to be Zorro, he wants to be called Wolf. He has adopted the wolf as his spirit totem (and we don't even have native American blood in our ancestry. We are mostly Dutch, Norwegian, English and Irish.)
Next up is my husband. We have been married for 30 years now. He is a retired Army Master Sergeant nurse. He current employment is as a mental health nurse, which he enjoys a great deal. The Man will do as his moniker. This is not the best picture of him, but the best of what I currently have. The Man hates getting his picture taken.

And this is me, Silkquilter. The hand you see on my shoulder belongs to my sister.




The Man and I have two other children and The Man has an older son. I don't have permission to post pictures, but I can tell you a little about them.

My Stepson is in his mid-thirties and carries the same name as his father. I don't have a nickname for him yet.

Our oldest daughter said we could call her Sharptongue, as that is what we called her in when she was in high school. She just recently turned 29 although she only admits to 25. Her spouse is an Army Sergeant and is currently deployed to an area of increasing conflict. I am going to call him Torch because of his red hair and he is just the best. They have two school-age children, Care Bear, 7 and Sparkplug 6 (he also has red hair).

Middle son is 23 and also in the Army. He returned from his 1st tour in Iraq last February. We have called him Forklift for a number of years. He got this name because of the way he would lift each end of the riding mower out of gopher holes as a teenager. He is married to a really wonderful wife that I love dearly. Her name is Sweetpea. The Man has called her that since son and her started dating in high school. They have two little girls 4 and 2 who go by their initials: RAT and TNT
Here is a recap:
Silkquilter - Me
The Man - Husband
Stepson - The Man's oldest child
Sharptongue - Oldest Daughter
Torch - Son-in-law
Forklift - Middle Son
Sweetpea - Daughter-in-law
Wolf - Youngest Son
Care Bear - Oldest Granddaughter 7 years old
Sparkplug - Oldest Grandson (and only grandson) 6 year old
RAT - 4 year old Granddaughter
TNT - 2 year old Granddaughter. I understand that her Daddy calls her Mean.

And there you have it, me and my family.

Here is one more picture of The Man and I. This was taken in spring of 1979 shortly before we got married.


Peace
Carolyn/Silkquilter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am NOT 29 I am 25 thank you very much. They just misprinted the year on my birth certificate. Yah thats it.

Love you mom.

> Sharptounge

floribunda said...

wow -- how much Wolf looks like his dad!