Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A New Journey Started and a Challenge Quilt

I have been wanting to start a blog for a couple of years now. Many things got in the way, but mostly I was just scared. I actually had to get my sister to help walk me through the set up. She blames her learning to quilt on me, so I will blame starting a blog on her. :)

While I have lots that I want to talk about, I need to talk about the challenge that I entered. Allyson over at Fat Cat Quilts really likes this red and white quilt that she saw on a recent trip. Nicole from Sister's Choice Quilts also really likes this quilt. The two of them collaborated and come up with the idea of a challenge quilt and a fabric swap to boot. I fell in love the quilt also and decided to join the fun; Quilt and Fabric Swap.




I've got my fabrics bought and washed. I now need to get them ironed and cut to send out. I'm excited. This is my first swap. I also had to purchase the book that the pattern is in, 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts, by Evelyn Sloppy. There are a lot of quilts in that book that have serious potential as I like scrappy quilts best.

Next time I will tell all about my family, vocation and my 10 cats.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

That quilt is wonderful, and perfect for a swap. Gosh, the color choices are endless. Be sure to post about the swap as it goes along! Congrats on the new blog!